An updated shower adds value to your home, but what if you only have a tiny space to work with? The answer could be a walk-in shower.
What Is a Walk-in Shower?
Contrary to popular belief, a walk-in shower is not just a shower without a tub. A true walk-in also doesn’t have a curb or ledge to step over, and doesn’t have a door. It’s literally a shower you can walk right into.
What’s So Cool About a Walk-in Shower?
A walk-in shower is an open shower that’s streamlined and spacious with a minimal frame. It allows a homeowner to maximize the space in a bathroom by foregoing traditional shower parts like a shower pan and shower casing.
Walk-in showers also help create the perception that the bathroom is larger than it is. Even a very small bathroom looks and feels bigger with a walk-in shower because the space is not broken up by opaque walls, a bathtub, heavy ledges or a shower enclosure frame. This frees up precious space for storage, a second sink or additional vanity.
What Are Some Benefits of Small Walk-in Showers?
There are many benefits to a small walk-in shower. Here are a few of our favorites:
- You can fit a walk-in shower in almost any bathroom, no matter how small.
- You can customize it to fit in a small or irregularly shaped bathroom.
- You can adjust the design to fit your style no matter what your aesthetic preference (even though most walk-in showers are ideal for modern bathrooms).
- You will find them easy to clean and easy to get in and out of.
- You don’t have to worry about moldy shower curtains.
- You don’t have to create a separate pocket or cut-out in your bathroom for the shower – it can even go in the middle of the room, as long as you include waterproof cabinets and flooring.
- You can choose from a number of different fixtures and showerhead options, as well as different tile and materials.
Walk-in Shower Ideas for Small Bathrooms
- Open the space by opting for glass walls.
- A small, open room can handle a big bold pattern or color. Use unique tiles on the walls or floor to bring personality to your bathroom.
- Consider using the same tile on the floor of your bathroom as you do inside the shower to bring continuity to the space.
- Play with tinted and textured glass for shelves, cabinet doors and shower panels.
- Design your bathroom with function in mind – consider adding a shower bench or accessory nook.
- Consider adding radiant floor heating to create a truly spa-like experience in your home.
Choose Glass Doctor for Walk-in Shower Installation and All Your Bathroom Glass Needs
If you watch any of the latest home improvement television shows, you know that open walk-in showers are popular, and for good reason: They’re beautiful, customizable and low maintenance. They’re also easy to clean, easy to access and make a small bathroom feel bigger.
Glass Doctor® is your go-to company for the design, selection and installation of custom glass enclosures and more, including glass panels, mirrors, tile and doors that can add style and functionality to any bathroom. Call (833) 365-2927 or request an estimate online to get started today.
Keep dirt outside with these ideas from Mr. Rooter for a fun and functional outdoor shower. Like Rainbow International, Mr. Rooter is a part of the Neighborly® community of trusted home services brands.